Salman Khan was born on 27 December 1965. He was born in Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India. He is an Indian film actor, producer, television personality and singer. He is also known as “The Tiger of Bollywood”and “Blockbuster Khan”. Salman is popularly named as “Bhaijaan” and “Sallu” by his fans. Today we will discuss Salman khan biography with you.
In addition, He is an active humanitarian through his charity non-profit organisation. His off-screen life is tarnished by controversy and legal troubles. On 17 February 2006, he was punished for one year in prison due to hunting of Chinkara, an endangered species.
Salman Khan Personal Information, Bio, Family, Brother, Sister, Mother, Father
DOB – 27 December 1965
Place of birth – Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India
Birth Name – Abdul Rashid Salim Salman Khan
Nicknames – Sallu, Bhaijan, Dabangg Khan, Blockbuster,Tiger Khan
Height – 5′ 7″ (1.7 m)
Father name – Salim Khan
Mother name – Sushila Charak
Brothers: Arbaaz Khan, Sohail Khan
Sister: Arpita Khan, Alvira Khan Agnihotri
Salman Khan Family Photos
Father: Salim Khan ( Former Screenwriter )
Mother: Sushila Charak
From Left: Father, Salman, Sister (Arpita), Mother.
Brothers: Arbaaz Khan, Sohail Khan
From Left: Arbaaz Khan, Salman khan, Sohail Khan
Sisters: Arpita Khan, Alvira Khan Agnihotri
From Left: Arpita Khan, Alvira Khan
- His father name is Salim Khan and mother is Sushila Charak. His ancestor belonged to Pathan who immigrated to Indore, Madhya Pradesh. His mother is a Maharashtrian. Besides, Khan’s stepmother is Helen, a former actress.
- He has two brothers, Arbaaz Khan (married to actress and VJ Malaika Arora Khan) and Sohail Khan and two sisters, Alvira Khan Agnihotri(married to actor/director Atul Agnihotri) and an adopted sister Arpita Khan.
- Now, He lives in Bandra, Mumbai. He has a 150-acre plot in Panvel, 3 bungalows, swimming pool and gym.
- In 1999, he instigated dating with Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai but they were separated in 2001.Then he started dating actress Katrina Kaif but relationship was ended in 2010. Sangeeta Bijlani and Somy Ali were also girlfriends of Khan.
- In August 2011, Salman suffers from a facial nerve disorder commonly known as the “suicide disease”. He has been suffering it for the past seven years, now it become insufferable.
- Salman completed his schooling with his younger brothers Arbaaz and Sohail at St. Stanislaus High School in Bandra, Mumbai. Further, he joined Xavier’s College in Mumbai and dropped out.
- Diljit Dosanjh Biograpy, Family, Mother, Father, Net worth, Car, Wife, Movies, Career
- Gurdas Maan Biography, Family, Mother, Father, Net worth, Car, Wife, Movies, Career
Career (Movies) :
He starting his career as a supporting role in film ‘Biwi Ho To Aisi’ and his voice was dubbed by someone else in 1988.
- In 1989, he released his first movie ‘Maine Pyar Kiya’ which was the one of India’s highest-grossing films. It was later dubbed in English as well as Spanish.
- In 1990, Khan released his second movie named ‘Baaghi: A Rebel for Love’.
- In 1991, Patthar Ke Phool, Sanam Bewafa, and Kurbaan movies were released. In the same year, Khan released romantic film called ‘Saajan’ with co-starred Sanjay Dutt and Madhuri Dixit. This movie was successful at the box office.
- In 1994, Khan released his second romantic film‘Hum Aapke Hain Koun..!’ directed by Sooraj Barjatya andco-starred with Madhuri Dixit. This film won 4 Filmfare Awards: The Best Film, The Best Director,The Best Actress and The most popular film of the year. This film earned over ₹ 1.35 billion (US$20 million) worldwide.
- In 1996, He performed in two movies named ‘Khamoshi: The Musical’ and Jeet.
- In 1997, Salman released Judwaa and Auzaar which were directed by David Dhawan.
- In 1998, he released three different films named:
- ‘Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya’ opposite Kajol which was one of the biggest successes of that year.
- Jab Pyaar Kisi se Hota Hai
- Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
- In 1999, Khan released three films:
- Hum Saath-Saath Hain
- Biwi No.1
- Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam alongside Aishwarya Rai and Ajay Devgan.
- In 2000, Khan performed in:
- Har Dil Jo Pyar Karega
- Chori Chori Chupke Chupke
- In 2002, He released ‘HumTumhare Hain Sanam’.
- In 2003, Khan released ‘Tere Naam’. It was the best film with critically acclaimed performance and it was successful at the box office.
- Film in 2004 to 2009 were:
- Mujhse Shaadi Karogi
- No Entry (2005)
- Salaam E Ishq
- Mari gold: An Adventure in India (Hollywood film)
- In 2009, Sallu hosted the second season of ‘10 Ka Dum’ which became more successful than his first season as host of the game show in year 2008.
2010 to 2016:
- In 2010, He released film named ‘Veer’ directed by Anil Sharma and it was commercially and critically unsuccessful film.
- On 10 September 2010, Sallu released movie named ‘Dabangg’. Khan played the role of a fearless in the film. It broke several box-office records upon release. Its grossing rate was ₹808.7 million in first week.
- In 2011, He released his next film called ‘Ready’ and‘Bodyguard’.
- In 2012, Dabangg Khan released his first film with Katrina Kaif named ‘Ek Tha Tiger’ and act as Indian Spy. Gross rate was over ₹3 billion (US$45 million) worldwide. It was directed by Yash Raj. In the same year Khan released his second movie called ‘Dabangg 2’ which was a consequence of Dabangg under production of Arbaaz Khan. Upon release, the film gross rate was ₹2.5 billion (US$37 million) globally.
- Moreover, In 2014 he released ‘Jai Ho’ which he starred opposite Daisy Shah. In same year he released second movie named‘Kick’ remake of Telugu film has entered the club of Rs. 200 crore in India.
- In 2015, Tiger Khan released ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ on Eid received positive reviews from critics and public and broke several box-office record upon release. Gross rate of the film was ₹1.84 billion (US$27 million) This film was the second highest-grossing Bollywood film in India and worldwide with collection of over 600 crore.
- Other films are:
- Prem Ratan Dhan Payo
REALITY SHOW IN TELEVISION:
- In 2008, He hosted ‘10 Ka Dum’. In 2009, He won the Best Anchor Award for ‘10 Ka Dum’ in 2008 and 2009.
- In 2010, He hosted Bigg Boss 4 on colors. Bigg Boss 4 on Colors got a rating of 3.6.
- Bigg Boss Season 3 has average rate of 2.43
- Bigg Boss 1 and Bigg Boss 2 has average rate of 1.96 and 2.03 respectively.Bigg Boss 1, Bigg Boss 2 and Bigg Boss 3 were anchored by Arshad Warsi, Shilpa Shetty and Amitabh Bachchan
- In 2011, Salman again hosted Bigg Boss 5 along with Sanjay Dutt. Due to huge acceptance also hosted Bigg Boss 6 and Bigg Boss 7 in 2012 and 2013 respectively. His anchoring highly appreciated in Big Boss Show thats why he is doing anchoring continuously in every season of this show.
- In 2013, he also hosted ‘The Star Guild Award’.
Now time to ask a question from you and question is:
Which is your favorite movie of Salman Khan ?
Write the answer in below comment box. I will wait for your answer. If you have any query then you can also comment below or send me a message using contact us page.
I hope you like this post if you like please share with friends and family. For more updates stay tuned on this blog and also like our Facebook Page. Moreover, you can also subscribe our YouTube channel for Famous personalities biography videos. For subscribing our channel click on below button.
[button color=”” size=”” type=”square” target=”” link=”http://www.youtube.com/bollyhollybaba”]Subscribe YouTube Channel [/button]
Thanks For reading this post, stay tuned.. God Bless You..